Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 2011--A new Beginning of Blogging (AGAIN)

Good Morning from warm (no, HOT) Mesa, Arizona!  So, it has been eons since I have written in my blog -- literally EONS!  What's up with that?  Not sure -- just lazy, I guess.  Anyway, once again, I am going to try and write a little bit about me and about what is going on in my life (which, for the most part, just isn't all that much).  And, this will be a running journal somewhat for me and for my children and grandchildren to read, if they so desire.  That's the operative word -- Desire.  Ha, ha!  We shall see.

Today is Sunday, May 15, 2011.  It's a warm beautiful day in Arizona, although, I do believe I would much rather be somewhere like Montana, Utah, Washington, Missouri, North Carolina -- being close to family.  I miss my family so much and there just aren't all that many here in Arizona for me to be close to.  Valerie is in Tucson, but, still, that is over 100 miles to visit her, so we don't get to see each other often and her children, Zoe and Christian, change as much as all of the other grandkids do who live even further away and I don't get to see it.  So, tell me, what is the solution to this problem that I have?  I know!  RETIREMENT!  Wait!  No, I can't do that yet!  Dang!  Well, I will work on that and hopefully, will come up with an answer in the next year or two -- see, I have been working on that for a long time, now.  

I still work in the foreclosure arena of filing mortgage insurance claims to the MI company.  It's a great job and I am so thankful for it and that I can get up and go to work each day, even with all of the corporate stuff that goes along with it.  Just something that has to be done.  I don't know what I would do without my job and most especially, the medical benefits that come along with it.  I am so very blessed to work for such a good company.

My health is still of some concern, but I am seeing doctors to figure out what in the heck is going on.  It just seems I don't feel good most of the time.  I had an ultrasound done of my abdomen last week and go to see the doctor this week to figure out if there is something going on in there.  I think they are grasping at straws to figure out what in the heck is wrong with this old lady.  Oh, yeah -- that's it!  I'm OLD!  Maybe I don't need to see a doctor after all -- there's the diagnosis right there.  I do know, though, that with a chronic illness such as I have with Fibromyalgia, there are many things that can be manifested and can make me feel like crap.   The goal is to just feel good enough to keep going to work and to enjoy my children and grandchildren.  It will get figured out, in the end, and I will be much better.

I still love to crochet and do it at each chance I get.  Thank you, Grandma Hellyer, for teaching me how to crochet so many years ago.  Every single time I pick up a crochet hook, I think of you and thank the Lord that he gave me you as a Grandma.  You were the best and I miss you so much!  You were so quiet and kept to yourself, but you were always making something with your hands, whether that be a quilt for a grandchild, or crocheted or knitted booties for one of the new babies at church (every new baby that came into this world at church received a pair of booties from you -- what a legacy to leave!).  And, you would always be baking something and giving your food away to a needy person or to one of us kids.  I remember you when you baked bread.  You would knead the dough and let it rise (sometimes, you would take a pinch off and let us eat the dough -- yummmm!), and then bake it and someone always got your baked items.  I loved, loved, loved, your filled raisin cookies -- wish I had the recipe now, because I know you made them in a special way.  And, you knew how much I loved applesauce, so on my birthday every year, you would give me sometimes a quart, sometimes a gallon, of applesauce that was just mine to eat.  I felt so special! And, your garden!  You loved your garden and the flowers (tulips, poppies, especially), still grow in the yard where Mom now lives and the pop up every Springs, still, so your life lives on through the flowers you planted so many years ago.  And, you had the best rhubarb right at the front of the walkway that we got to pick and eat right there -- so sour, yet so yummy!  I can't eat it now -- too sour for me.  Isn't that funny?   Oh, there is so much I remember about you, Grandma!  I could just go on and on. I guess this blog should be dedicated to you!  Like I said, I miss you and I love you.  Can't wait to meet you again someday in the life after.  I know it will be complete bliss!


Today is my day to get my laundry done.  I don't have a washer and dryer in my home, so go to the laundromat.  Thank goodness, there is a small laundromat right her in the mobile home park I live in and I don't have to go far to do it --  it's just hard to lift the baskets and carry them back and forth.  That's why I put it off for 2 or 3 weeks.  Thank goodness, I have enough clothes to carry me through.  I also am continuing to organized my craft room and area and will be working on that today, too.  It's a continual adventure and something that never seems to get completely done.  I love my crafts, whether I get much done on them or not.  The desire is always there.  Hey, maybe someday my grandchildren will come and rescue me and take over for me where I left off.  I have enough crafts here to start a small home business.  That's not good, is it?  Oh, well, I still love my craft life.  It's who I am.


So, with this all said, I will stop now.  I think I have said enough for a while.  For those who see this, I hope you enjoy what you read and if you don't, let me know that, too.  I would like this to be a story of me and a journal of who I am and what I do, how I think, and what makes me tick -- it's a lot!


Love to all!